LOTS TO SEE AND DO BEYOND SKIING
Welcome to Vaujany
Vaujany offers an extensive range of activities to be enjoyed after a day on the slopes or for those wishing just to relax and enjoy the resort.
The Taxi Ski or 'Ski Fauteuil'
If you don’t ski, but want to see the whole ski area with your friends who do, you can book ESF's “Taxi-Ski” for a trip on the pistes of Vaujany.
Rate : 75 € for 2h
Bars and Restaurants:
There are a number of bars and restaurants in the resort to enjoy après-ski or summer sunshine.
- La Remise: An award-winning establishment offering wood fired pizzas
- Stief’s Steakhouse Café where you can enjoy gourmet burgers and a wide range of Belgian beers on offer
- L’Aigle Royal: Bar and creperie ideal for a family snack
- Le Stou: Located above the ice skating rink, this lovely restaurant serves traditional French cuisine and has stunning views out to La Fare waterfall and La Fare black run.
Booking a table is advisable especially at high season.
Several establishments offer take-away meals including the supermarket where you can buy roti chickens. Fondu sets can be hired.
Relax after a day of activities in the Espace Loisirs, the local leisure centre and keep the kids entertained. The pool itself is Olympic size with a superb, long tube slide and a separate children’s paddling pool for the smaller ones. The pool backs out onto a lovely sunny terrace so you can sunbathe on the loungers whilst the kids wear themselves out.
- Sauna and steam room.
- Sports hall offering a variety of activities including badminton and climbing wall.
- Gym and weights room with 20 machines
- 4 lane Ten Pin Bowling (book ahead, it is very popular)
- The Stou bar & restaurant
Ice Skating Rink
- Built in 2014, Vaujany’s International Indoor Ice Rink is where the French teams come to play and practice. Bring the kids for a skate or come and watch one of the exciting ice hockey matches.
Activities & Festivities
Entertainment for families is offered throughout the winter season. Look in the weekly published bulletin for information or ask in the Tourist Office.
- The Maison de la Faune where you can learn about the wildlife of the area through interactive displays.
- The Espace Patrimoine, 100 years of history of Vaujany with English or French commentary of inhabitants telling their story through photographs.
- The Musee Hydrolec, the history of hydroelectrisity through the ages and the story of the building of the Grand’Maison dam.
The Library has books, DVDs and board games for free loan.